Science Ideas for Secondary
- This article connects Indigenous Ecological Knowledge and the building of a traditional canoe. It's a great read.
- Science First Peoples Teacher Guide. This new resource is free and is developed by the First Nations Education Steering committee.
- Great Bear Sea grade 11/12 Environmental Science Curriculum. This curriculum is free. It includes film clips relating to specific content in 5 science lesson
- Suggestions for Science/FN Inquiry Boxes - this is a document that contains a list of suggested materials for inquiry boxes. Inquiry boxes are intended to peak student interest. The boxes relate to specific themes related to Indigenous Knowledge.
The Aboriginal Resource Centre has new resources relating to Ethnobotany!
- Saanich Enthobotany
- Ancient Pathways Vol. 1 and Vol. 2
- First Nations Science & Ethnobotany unit, K-10 : shared learnings in action
Traditional Ecological Knowledge and Wisdom of Aboriginal Peoples - an excellent article!
- AMAZING videos related to the sacred relationship we have with water. Science teachers, here are some of the titles: sacred relationship, creation story, people of the land, eco despair, ceremony and identity, tea of life, rubber boots ... This is from www.sarcredrelation.ca Amazing sample lesson plan too!
Ocean Literacy - although this is not an Indigenous resource, it connects easily to Indigenous perspectives.
FNESC has just released their new Science First Peoples Teacher Resource Guide - Grades 5 - 9
The Elders Are Watching - Roy Henry Vickers. This video relates to environment. It is beautifully illustrated and narrated.
Archaeology of The Lower Fraser River Region - this is an amazing book that is online - chapters are in PDFs and free to download!
Western Science meets Traditional Indigenous Knowledge - click here
Exploring Inuit Culture - click here
Climate Change Adaptation: - Traditional Knowledge of Indigenous Peoples Inhabiting the Arctic and Far North. Click here