Math - Secondary
First Nation Education Steering Committee:
- Brand new from FNESC (2020) - elementary and secondary math resource!
- Teaching Mathematics in a First Peoples Context - Grades 8 and 9
- UBC Math Symposium - lesson ideas
- This is an outstanding resource created by Burnaby School District relating to Coast Salish Weaving and Math!
- Squamish and Lil'wat Mathematics and Culture lesson plan ideas! Download a copy of their e-book that provides numerous lessons relating to Squamish culture.
The story of Mathematics - this is a great website. Find information about the Mayan who have been attributed to discovering the concept of zero. www.storyofmathematics.com/mayan.html