French Resources Available in French
Click here to download a list of French resources with Indigenous content. These resources are available through our Aboriginal Resource Centre. Know that if the resources are listed on this list, they have been reviewed by both the French and Aboriginal Helping Teachers. They should be on LRS too.
- 8th Fire - this is a series that was shown on CBC. It is available in French and English.
- Stories on Stone - This movie attempts to teach children how First Nations peoples in Canada and around the world have communicated for thousands of years through petroglyphs and pictographs. The movie is an exploration of Alberta, the Art of Storytelling and First Nations Culture. features music by the Siksika Ramblers, The Blackfoot Conspiracy and Ira Provost.
- Phyllis' Story - this story relates to Orange Shirt Day. Visit this site and select the "in French" tab to read her story in French.
- The Government of Canada has produced a number of websites and documents that are kid friendly and are meant to educate students about the Indigenous Peoples in Canada. On the top right hand page of each site, there is an option to read it in French. For primary grades, check out the Kids's Stop page.
- Saanich Moon kit - in French