Social Studies - Secondary
Musqueam First Nation Resource
- This is a brilliant online resource related to the Musqueam First Nation. Download the teachers guide in English and French. The online resource includes beautiful videos and so much more! www2.moa.ubc.ca/musqueamteachingkit/
- SQ'éwlets: This local resource has so much information! Be sure to scroll down to the bottom and click on the link related to Indigenous Knowledge cards.
- English | Français | Español | Русский | عربي | 汉语 (PDF version)
- Adolescent-Friendly Version of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
Calls to Action
Stories of Truth - a local resource connected to the residential school in Mission.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Great Bear Sea Social Studies curriculum for grades 11/12
The Great Bear Sea’s Marine Planning Partnership (MaPP) is an innovative approach to marine planning, which provides an interesting lens for students to consider issues of governance and collaboration. The Exploring the Great Bear Sea Social Studies Grades 11 & 12 Curriculum Resource is a five lesson unit of study that takes an inquiry-based approach to exploring the MaPP and themes of collaborative planning and decision-making, Indigenous Knowledge and sustainability. This unit will help students develop critical thinking skills across multiple Social Studies courses, as they explore this key region of British Columbia from ecological, economic, geographic, social and cultural perspectives. Students will consider both the benefits and challenges associated with collaborative decision-making, and the implications of decision-making both now and in the future."
- Grade 10 - Indian Residential Schools and Reconciliation Teachers Guide
- Grade 11/12 - Indian Residential Schools and Reconciliation Teachers Resource Guide
- Another resource related to IRS for secondary students created by Historica Canada
B.C. First Nations Studies 12 - IRP
Looking at Language Revitalization
Stolo Atlas - this is a fabulous resource . Download this pdf to view the table of contents
9000 Years - This resource was created by the Siya:ye Yoyes Society and relates to the Sto:lo People.
Coming Soon - CEN'ALIEN - EARL MARRIOT WELCOME POSTS. Teachers must be logged onto Surreyschools.ca to view this site. Teachers may not copy any of the videos or photographs.
Corinne Penner, Social Helping Teacher, has created a list of resources to support social studies.
The Great Quake and the Great Drowning - from Hakai - great article with story