Schools Participating In NOIIE (AESN) Inquiry Projects
For Surrey District Teachers Only:
Emailed proposal forms are due by October 30, 2019. Please email your proposal directly to Heidi Wood for NOIIE submission. Please DO NOT SUBMIT ON THE NOIIE WEBSITE.
Proposal Submission Form - 2019-2020 NOIIE Application Form
Some Hand Outs
Of course the question about money continues to come up. Once your case study has been submitted, you are able to request up to $250 from your District grant. The remaining funds are sent to the school the first week of May to the Aboriginal account. These funds need to be spent by the end of June or they get rolled back to the District. Please see that request for funds form below.
Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate Heidi Wood.
- A link to AESN, Visit this site to learn more about the Aboriginal Enhancement Schools Network. Look at case studies done in previous years.
- A link to NOII. Visit this site to learn more about the Network of Innovation in Inquiry. Look at case studies done in previous years.
- Resources from Networks of Inquiry
- AESN - Supporting Learner Transitions - a video
- UBC Inquiry and TELP Journal of Inquiry and Aboriginal Enhancement http://teljournal.educ.ubc.ca/current-issue/
Examples From 2015/16
- Frank Hurt - Transitions
- Bayside Middle School - Power of Story - Engaging Reluctant Readers/Writers
- Beaver Creek - Aboriginal Transitions and making connections in meaningful ways
Transition Study - 3 year study
- Transitions Report
- Transition Brief - handout
- Transitions Poster - Strategies for improving transitions for Indigenous Students through Collaborative Inquiry
- PLEASE CONTACT HEIDI WOOD IF YOU REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND SUPPORT WITH YOUR NOIIE INQUIRY
Join our Office 365 Team for all the latest in conversations, resources to support your inquiries and updates on workshops - enter code:acx9q1v